Sunday, June 28, 2009

Michael Jackson: A Candle in the Wind...

" ...and it seems to me, you lived your life like a candle in the wind; never knowing who to cling to when the the rain set in. And i would have liked to have known you, but I was just a kid. Your candle burned out long before your legend ever did."
--Sir Elton John

Michael Jackson is dead. The world is in a state of shock, grief and disbelief. I am having mixed emotions. Mostly I'm sad because we never hooked up as adults.
I wanted to do a feature story on him to show his real persona--in order to clear up any fantasy or misconception on who the world thought he was.

I wanted to be his wife when I was 12. I wanted to be a friend. I wanted to be more than just a screaming fan on the 22nd row who saw him as the "King of Pop." I had high hopes and dreams for Michael Jackson. I prayed that one day he would grow to love the "man in the mirror." I prayed that he would see himself as the world viewed him--someone who was already perfect just the way he was. I wanted to find out his world views and how he felt about Barack Obama's presidency. I wanted to know how fatherhood was treating him. I wanted him to turn 51 years old in August just as I hope to do.

Good bye Michael Jackson, tho I never knew you at all you had the grace to hold yourself while those around you fall. Even when you died the press still hounded you--and it seems to me, you lived your life like a candle in the wind...

No comments:

Post a Comment