Friday, July 3, 2009

Mommyhood and Grand-Mommyhood Triumphs in Alaska

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said Friday she is resigning from office at the end of the month, raising speculation that she would focus on a run for the White House in the 2012 race.
The former Republican vice presidential candidate made the surprise announcement from her home in suburban Wasilla on Friday morning. She said she would step down July 26 but didn't announce her plans.
"Once I decided not to run for re-election, I also felt that to embrace the conventional Lame Duck status in this particular climate would just be another dose of politics as usual, something I campaigned against and will always oppose," Palin said in a statement released by her office. "With that in mind, my family and I determined that it is best to make a difference this summer, and I am willing to change things, so that this administration, with its positive agenda, its accomplishments, and its successful road to an incredible future, can continue without interruption and with great administrative and legislative success," she said.
With childcare costs looming, I am convinced that her new grandson was sooo adorable and her own underaged minor children needed her presence in the home to a greater degree, til Gov. Palin had no choice but to do the logical thing--resign from her job. You go, Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment