Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daddy

Daddy,
If you were still here with us in the natural, I'd be calling you to wish you a happy birthday or showing up at your door bearing gifts to help you celebrate the 68th anniversary of your birth.
Daddy, I still miss you so much, I wish I could really make myself believe that you are still with me in the spirit. I have missed you everyday for the past 22 years--every day I realize that you are not here.
I tell my kids who you were daddy, in my life and in the lives of everyone who knew you. Of course, you had an opportunity to see and hug Ali and Gregory before you died. But I have four other kids you've never seen. Na'Imah, Na'Tifah, Curtiss, and Christopher.
My kids are brilliant beyond belief daddy. They are so smart and special just like you were.
I am proud to have been your daughter. I will never forget.
Happy Birthday daddy!
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment